Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fruit

Ok, so I am often asked about my grocery shopping with this many kids. So, I thought I would show just the fruit I buy for one week minus the grapes. Since I have done away with most of the sugar/junk in our house fruit gos very quickly. Plus I pack lunches for school and the boys have track so I send lots of fruit for their day.
2 bags apples, 2 bags oranges, 2 bunches bananas, and 2 bags of grapes.
 






I only shop weekly for fruit, milk, and sometimes bread. I am a coupon shopper and a stock shopper, so I do not have to go often. When I go to the meat market I place a order for 150 pounds or more of meat. This way I do not have to mess with it. I'm blessed that our meat market wraps our meat in the size packages I need.  I am going to be making a coupon trip this week, and I will try to take pictures and show you. (If I remember.) M is home this week so it will make my trip a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. We go through lots of fruit here too. And veggies. I try to keep cut up carrots, fresh brocolli and celery all the time. If the kids won't eat cooked veggies, I give them raw veggies at dinner. (With ranch dip.) We usually have plums, apples, oranges, and bananas. I have a hard time getting good grapes. Oh and we usually do strawberries and bananas on Sat. mornings. (I don't have to buy as much in qty as you though.) But we do eat a lot in the week.

    ReplyDelete